1) If Clinton had increased spending on the Departments outlined in this chart as fast as Bush 43 did, we would not have any Budget Surplus under him despite Clinton inhering a solid recovery; having higher tax rates than Bush and a policy of not rocking the boat too much overseas.
2) When Obama says “after a decade of spending on wars, it’s time to invest at home,” show him that we increased “investments” at home faster during the Bush war-time than during the Clinton Peace Years.
3) Obama says “It’s time for investments” as if in the last four years we have been cutting right left and center. What’s this talk “It’s time” as if we have to do now something we are delaying to do?
4) How can Obama call for new and more spending while in the same time praise the Clinton Budgets that was stingy on all those important Departments?
5) If Obamacare “Saves” Money, why did the HHS explode by $832 billion under four Obama years after exploding by $1.1T during “the decade of wars”?
6) Perhaps “the policies of the last decade” that is killing us is the rapid increase in spending; not the few percentage less tax that the Rich paid under Bush vs. under Clinton.